Project Life for 2016

Recently I've discovered Project Life and its simplicity for documenting moments.

If you've never heard of Project Life, it can be easily described as scrapbooking made simple. You know those big old dusty albums, you or your parents used to keep from when you were a baby? Well, Project Life combines that documentation with the presentation of a scrapbook, but much easier. The creator, Becky Higgins (check out her blog here!), designed it or people who don't have time for scrapbooking or can't find the creativity for the creation of one. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't go all crazy if you love scrap booking.

If you enjoy looking at beautiful albums and reminiscing on the memories, you'll love this idea. Here I'll share a few of my favourite Project Life albums I've seen. As you'll see, you can go from simple to all out.

http://createsharelove.typepad.com/blog/2015/12/project-life-2015-best-of-spread-with-the-stamps-from-papierprojekt.html

http://thenerdnest.com/2016/01/pocket-scrapbooking-2016-january-3-9.html

http://stephaniemakes.blogspot.com/search/label/project%20life

http://www.nicolereaves.com/

Lucky for me, I discovered this idea at the beginning of the year and I immediately placed my order on my album (they also have a digital version of the albums, journaling cards, etc.) Check out their website here.



So for me, I didn't feel like buying a thousand sheet protectors and journaling cards. I decided to invest on the album and just buy a few sheet protectors and card stock that I could cut to the dimensions I needed.







I liked the designs on this paper pad; black and white, few colors, simple. I want my pictures to be the ones who brighten up the spreads.







Lastly, I bought a pack of 12 pocket protectors, A design. I wanted to try these out first to see if they suit my preference.



I will be writing a post on each monthly spread. As the months go by, my method will probably change as I discover what I like most, but the journey is exciting!

I encourage you to read the blogs I included above if you want to know more about the experience and come back here for my January 2016 Project Life post! For people who like having albums or want to simplify scrapbooking I think its a great idea. I made this post not for people to rush over and spend $100 on albums and journaling cards, but to inspire you to remember your moments. When I saw this idea at first it motivated me to make more of my months and just enjoy everything the 2016 has to offer. So for me, it wasn't just to have a pretty album, but to have moments worth recording!

I hope you drop by again :)

xoxo,

N

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Becky Higgins' company or any of the blogs mentioned before. These products were purchase with my money and for my own use.


Comments

Popular Posts